Supporting Fisher Island Day School
Fisher Island Day School, a 501(c) (3) independent school, is dedicated to preparing children for entrance into competitive high schools, for responsible citizenship, and for ongoing learning to lead a fulfilling and meaningful life.
How does Fisher Island Day School pay for each child’s education?
- Each year, FIDS requires additional funds outside of its tuition to support the unique Fisher Island experience for all students. Tuition is maintained at a reasonable cost to remain competitive and committed to the school’s mission. This means there is a gap between the cost of tuition and the cost of each child’s education.
- FIDS looks to our community to fill that gap. While tuition and fees are the largest source of revenue, Fisher Island Day School requires charitable support from its parents, grandparents, alumni, and friends to fund annual operating needs.
What are the two ways I can provide support for Fisher Island School?
Thanks to the philanthropy of our community, in 2021, FIDS completed its most ambitious expansion project to date, adding:
- Four new Classrooms;
- Multipurpose Gymnasium with Stage (which can be used for sports, theatrical productions, meetings, and as indoor dining during inclement weather);
- Full Kitchen and additional Dining Courtyard;
- Nurse-staffed Health Clinic;
- Dedicated Art/Music Studio;
- Additional Offices, Storage, and Common Areas; and
- Additional Parking with a Separate Driveway.
A few one-time opportunities remain for families to receive naming rights for classrooms and/or other educational spaces at FIDS. Naming rights are an excellent means for our community to give legacy gifts to Fisher Island Day School.
The Annual Fund is the only ongoing, annual fundraising event for the Fisher Island Day School community. Contributions to the Annual Fund go directly into our school’s operating budget to support the expenses of providing an exceptional education to your children. Like most independent schools, we rely on the generosity of voluntary donors to bridge the gap between tuition and the actual expense of running a school at our standard of excellence.
Fisher Island Day School Gala and Charity Auction
Each spring, Fisher Island Day School hosts its annual Gala and Charity Auction. At this festive, sold-out event, the FIDS community gathers to enjoy each other’s company for an evening of dining and entertainment, along with an auction of exclusive items. The Gala and Charity Auction is the primary fundraiser to supplement the school’s budget. The Gala and Charity Auction provides the following philanthropic opportunities:
- Event and Contributing Sponsorships
- VIP Table Sponsors and Individual Ticket Sales
- Purchase of Auction Items
Whatever the size of your gift and however you choose to give, your generosity will have a lasting impact on the lives of children, teachers, and the entire Fisher Island Day School community.